Monday, September 17, 2007

Students with Jobs

Fortunately I do not belong to the group of college students who are forced to work during the semester in order to pay for their tuition or rent. In contrast, I choose to work mainly because I seem to have adopted my father's work-ethic and my mother's love for shopping.

According to an article I found on pbs.org (which originally appeared in Marshall University's The Parthenon in 2003) 57-percent of college students have jobs. In 2000, one out of every ten students worked full-time and attended class full-time. I can only imagine that in the past seven years and with the yearly increase in tuition, that one out of ten is a dated statistic.

Click here for the full article:
http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/voices/200307/0707cash.html

No comments: