Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Leisurely Reading

On my flight back from Los Angeles last week I reclined my seat and did something I haven't had a chance to do in months--I opened a book. I love reading, but I haven't had enough time lately to actually sit down and get into a good piece of literature. I started wondering how many Americans actually read anymore, and I came across this article which mentions an AP poll. The poll found that the "typically person" reads four books a year. Of the others polled, half read more books and the other half read fewer but one in four didn't read a single book last book. I supposed I would fall into the "typically person" category. I used to read daily, but now if I get a free block of time, I'd prefer to just read a book cover-to-cover.

http://gawker.com/news/literacy/one-in-four-americans-didnt-read-a-single-book-last-year-292141.php

No comments: